Zesty Caveman is an energetic blend of crunchy apple, maple syrup and a pinch of ginger..But how did we develop this amazing flavour that so many people adore?
Developed as a follow on product from the caveman's dream, Zesty has a completely different flavour. Although it uses apples as the base that is where the similarities stop.
Coconut oil compliments the delicate flavours of ginger and a touch of maple syrup to give it a rich mouth feel and complex range of flavours, plus a real zing from sour cherries adding an almost citrus note, the flavour and mouth feel are rounded off with soft textured nuts (pecans, cashews and brazil nuts) giving a completely different taste and texture.
Although a lot of people who love this product dont follow a strict paleo diet, people buy this as they LOVE the taste and it fits into their diet as a snack more often that not. The name is different, standing out from competitors and attracting new customers and people who often wouldnt buy cereal/ granola.
With great flavour comes great health benefits! Pecans, Apples and Ginger have great nutritional value and we'd love to share a couple reasons why we love a bowl of Zesty everyday! Let's get sciencey...
- Helps maintain high energy and lose weight- healthy fats such as impact the grehlin hormone, which is a vital part of weight maintenance. High levels of grehlin in the brain are associated with elevated stress levels and a constant feeling of the “munchies,” or the desire to eat a lot.
- May prevent osteoporosis-related bone loss in women-In conjunction with other nutrients, manganese, copper and zinc (all found in pecan nutrition) have been used to help treat symptoms of osteoporosis. Early research has found these nutrients to be particularly helpful when treating women suffering bone loss by helping increase bone mass and decrease bone loss.
- Great source of cancer-fighting antioxidants- apples are a high antioxidant food and contains a large concentration of phenolic compounds. One thing to note here is that you want to eat the whole apple to get the most benefits, including the skin. When researchers studied the antioxidant capacity of pears and apples, they found that diets that included the fruit peels had a significantly higher level of healthy fatty acids (higher plasma lipid levels) and antioxidant activity than diets that discarded the peels and only ate the fruit’s pulp.
- Fight Heart Disease-There’s strong existing evidence that a diet that includes plenty of high-fiber foods, especially fresh fruits and vegetables, can help decrease the risk of numerous chronic diseases, including the number one killer in the U.S.: heart disease.The specific type of fiber found in apples, called pectin, is especially known to be beneficial for lowering cholesterol levels naturally.
Protects against stomach ulcers-
Stomach ulcers are painful sores that form in the lining of the stomach and cause symptoms like indigestion, fatigue, heartburn and abdominal discomfort. Several studies have found that ginger could help prevent the formation of stomach ulcers. Ginger powder protected against aspirin-induced stomach ulcers by decreasing levels of inflammatory proteins and blocking the activity of enzymes related to ulcer development.
- Eases Menstrual pains-While some turn to over-the-counter medications to provide symptom relief, natural remedies like ginger can be just as useful at easing menstrual pain. A study in 2009 reported that ginger was able to reduce both the intensity and duration of pain.
Ingredients included in Zesty Caveman
Whole Apple, Pecan Nuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Brazil Nuts, Cherries, Maple Syrup, Cashew Nuts, Desiccated Coconut, Coconut Oil, Ginger, Cinnamon, Himalayan Pink Sea Salt