Rollagranola was founded on a simple premise, that better ingredients would result in a better product. We decided to make the nuttier granola.
A few decisions were made early in the Rollagranola journey and we stick to those today:
- Nuts are the most important part of the product and will be a main ingredient in all products (products contain 19%-44% nuts)
- Refined sugar won't be used and fruit will be used to sweeten where it can be
- Flavour is a must, as a family of foodies the Longden's couldn't bear the thought of a bland breakfast cereal
- Products will be inherently healthy, not because we are adding 'superfoods' to the products or using trendy ingredients but because every ingredient we use is good for you
- Customers come first - all products have been developed around what customers asked for
- We will be honest and upfront about what we do
- Be environmentally aware
Sugars: We choose to use fruits to provide sweetness and in some products there is some added sugar like maple syrup. Sweetness from fruit gives more than sweetness and provides flavour as well, the fibre in the fruit means the sugar doesn't hit your blood stream in one big hit and means you receive sugars over a longer period of time, meaning you feel better and healthier throughout the day.
Healthy food: Using natural ingredient to create great flavour means spending more on ingredients and believe it is important to provide products which are naturally healthier and better, while this does come at a premium cost we think the value of a healthy diet is worth it and hope you do too.
Customers: Customers helped us right at the start by telling us what they wanted and how we could fit their lifestyle, we do everything we can to make sure we don't let people down and try to be as available to answer emails and phone calls promptly.
Honesty: working openly and honestly comes naturally to the team at Rollagranola and ensuring that flows through to the business ethos is really important.
Our packaging is all eco-friendly. We chose to invest in compostable packaging material so we are not adding to the plastic floating around in our seas/landfill sites so you can be sure when you buy Rollagranola you're waste can be recycled (outer box) and the inner bag can go. indoor regular bin (or compost heap) to break-down.
We believe these principles give us something other brands and products can't compete with. The flavours in our products are different and make use of ingredients which nobody else is using, the naturally good ingredients we use mean you will feel fuller for longer, enjoy having more energy throughout the day and give your immune system a boost. So for us breakfast really is the most important meal of the day.
These principles have guided us to where we are today, we consistently look to innovate with our products and how we operate as a business, we may fall down from time-to-time but try to hold our hands up when we do, learn and move on.