Get into the spirit of things during Halloween with this healthy, hearty Pumpkin Granola recipe.
Pumpkin Granola ingredients:
Pumpkin seeds 135g
Sunflower seeds 97g
Pecan nuts 57g
Maple syrup 105g
Coconut Oil 30g
Ground ginger 9g
Ground Cinnamon 7.5g
Ground Nutmeg 7.5g
- Cut up the pumpkin into large chunks and scoop out the inside.
- Bake the pieces of pumpkin on a baking tray for 45-50 minutes at 175 Degrees C. Once it is cooked you can check it by pressing a fork into it, it should break apart easily.
- Pop the pumpkin into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave.
- Weigh the dry ingredients into a bowl (Walnuts, Pumpkin Seeds, Hazelnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Pecans, Ground Ginger, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Salt) and mix.
- Add the oil, maple syrup and pumpkin to the dry ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients until well incorporated (around 1-2 minutes in a mixer).
- Bake until crisp - in the oven this should take around 90 mins to 2 hours at 100 Degrees or use a dehydrator if you have one for around 5-6 hours at 65 degrees C (our preferred method)